Create a segment
Segments are helpful to ensure community managers and marketers can iterate on engagement strategies.
- identify groups of newer users who may need help
- keep track of power users who may be open to beta testing the product and giving feedback
- provide better service to VIP users who hold a certain role, or meet a certain engagement threshold
- compare the engagement and responses of different groups of users to different marketing or community strategies
Today, segments must be created based on filters in the members tab.
- 2.Add filters to the member table (such as join date, roles held, sentiment or channels engaged with) to filter down on the group of users you want to add to a segment
- 3.Click create a segment
- 4.Go to the Segments tab to see the list of members in the segment, and engagement metrics for that segment
- 5.Export as required
Try create a segment of users who joined in the last 3 months yourself!
On top of having a list of segment members, we also show you charts on metrics for members in the segment.
Let's say you create a segment of users who joined between September and November 2022, and a segment of users who joined in the same time period last year in 2021. You could then compare whether more recent users are more engaged through looking at the number of Daily active members and Messages sent by both of these in the segment on any given day.
You can also test out new marketing strategies, like announcement styles, and see how different groups of members, such as those with different roles, react.
Now, try create a segment of users who joined in Sep - Nov 2021, and compare the average sentiment and overall engagement of these user groups.